Behind the Pages

www.behind-the-pages.com

Intangible (Intangible, #1)

Intangible - J. Meyers

View the original review as part of the Intangible blog tour and download the free bookmarks:

Behind a Million and One Pages

3.5

There are a few reasons why this is a 3.5. I really liked this book and I would definitely recommend it. I think the only reasons why this book got a 3.5 was for my own personal preferences in books. Although, this is usually the case when I give a book a rating like this. I was on the fence with either a 4 or a 3.5 for a while after I finished the book, but then there is nothing wrong with a 3.5.

If you all know my by now as most of you might, I love my books where it always keeps you guessing and you entwine yourself with the main character/s that you start to act and feel as they would do. Because this book was third person, I find that most authors can't seem to gain that kind of connection in this perspective. It's a hard thing to do, and I have only seen a small few books that have done it. It's either a hit or a miss. Unfortunately this time, it was a miss on this part. Yet you were constantly hooked throughout the whole book, that makes the third person seem like me being picky (ok I am being picky but still!)

Another reason (why I'm being picky) is because of how unpredictable it all is (with a Seer in the picture, I know), but it's not just that, it's because we weren't given an introduction to their gifts or anything in their life. It's all just put there, and I felt like I was supposed to know all this, yet I didn't and that left me a little disappointed until the middle of the book where I felt I started to understand everything, and I could relax.

So, no more being picky, I really did like this book and I started Imaginable right after it. I love the characters and how everything we've really grown up hearing about in myths etc are real in this book, right down to the little legends. Not for all of the characters that these legends are true, but we learn that at the end of the book. All of the elements of this book flow so well together that it really is something that could happen. Even though I could predict the whole book, nothing felt like it was old or got boring. I wanted to continue reading. I could see the whole book playing inside my head, every scene, every page of the book. The plot was captivating, and kept sucking us in the whole time. Although, it had it's downfalls, it was a very good book and I can't wait to get stuck into Imaginable!

Want a sneak peek of Imaginable? Continue on below for an excerpt! Oh and Intangible is available in Paperback!