Behind the Pages

www.behind-the-pages.com

Fade (Fade, #1)

Fade (Fade, #1) - Kailin Gow View the original review on my blog as part of the blog tour:

Behind a Million and One Pages

Starting the novel we don't think much on it, we see a regular girl, in our world and our time. She's a track star and is loved by all as well, including have a loving and caring boyfriend, Grayson. She tells us first of her seemingly unnatural hair and we just dismiss it, not really thinking much about it, hey, she could be just lucky with having envious hair....

Straight away what seems to be a perfectly normal life, takes a dramatic turn when Celestra comes home to find her family gone. This is where it all starts to get really interesting. First, comes one Jack Simple. How is it not possible to fall in love with him at first sight? Remind you of James Bond much? Super secret spy protecting the ladies, and secretly saving the world. The action increases as we get to know Jack and we delve deeper into the story. When Celestra starts asking about what's happening, we are just as anxious for answers as she is, where is she going? Who are the people out to get her? And what is going to happen to her?

Instantly our connection with Celestra grows as the novel continues, her questioning of who and what she actually is matches ours, and we are both eager to learn more. With learning about the Underground, herself, Jack and her Faded self, you would expect to get lost in the amount of things happening in this novel, surprisingly it doesn't at all. Gow has done a fantastic job of mingling in all the information that is relevant, without making us forget about other important bits of information in the process.

As the book develops, what she is becomes a more pressing question. Her powers are developing and more are out to get her. Who she thinks she can trust is blinded by Jack and the Underground trying to protect her. A she is Faded her relationship with Jack develops, much to our pleasure and prediction :) She becomes more confused about if Jack really likes her, as well as guilt felt for Grayson, who has no doubt forgotten about her already.

We have no trouble connecting and falling in love with Celestra and all the minor characters. When Grayson gets throw into the picture there is a lot more action involved, including a love-triangle. You all probably know by now how much I hate love-triangles, but this one is purely entertaining, and we know Celestra's mind is made on who she wants.

The end. Just WOW!!! Be prepared to be on the edge of your seat. Betrayal, emotions on a high, love, memories and a hint of war, leave us utterly shocked and craving for Falling (Fade #2). The way this ends, I can't even begin to describe the torment. ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!! This is a must read series, pick it up now!