Behind the Pages

www.behind-the-pages.com

Bridger (Bridger, #1)

Bridger (Bridger, #1) - Megan Curd WARNING. IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS BOOK, DO NOT READ THE BLURB, IF YOU HAVE READ THE BLURB, READ THIS BOOK AFTER YOU'VE FORGOTTEN WHAT IT SAYS! IT WILL SPOIL THE BEAUTY OF THIS BOOK!

This book would have been all the more better (including 5 stars) if the blurb wasn't what it was. It explains basically the whole story of the novel and leaves no room for surprise bevause we already know what happens. It also stops us from making the all important connection with our protagonist as we are thrust into this new world with her, but from the blurb, this doesn't happen as it should have if the blurb wasn't as it was. We already knew that she was a Bridger as well as Tess (we only just got a name to the face), and we already knew that there was going to be something between Ashlyn and Liam. If you take out the blurb for this book, it would be 5 stars, but when something so small, brings down most of the book because you already know what's going to happen, does spoil the book and you don't enjoy it as you know you should. Ultimately the blurb is one of the most important parts of a novel, because it entices you to want to read the story and pick it up, other than the cover (and author) it is what brings people to read it and to stop for a moment to look at it. Yes, this is a rant about the blurb, because the rest of the book was brilliant and I loved it, but there's no point in saying how much I loved this book when the blurb was the only arising issue.

The only thing the blurb doesn't do, is tell us the background information that does help us to connect with Ashlyn. The fact that this book is one of those brilliant ones that continuously pull you through the whole story, devouring every page gets you through the novel, because we already know everything, this is the most key factor in this novel as we're reading. There is no element of surprise. Although I try not to read blurbs because some have the whole story written in the blurb, but of course you have to read the blurb to find out if the story appeals to you.

I shall stop my blurb ranting, because otherwise I could go on for a good 20minutes. It is only the blurb that has brought this book down to 4 stars, nothing else. If it wasn't for the blurb, I completely would have loved this book.