Behind the Pages

www.behind-the-pages.com

Fractured Soul

Fractured Soul - Rachel McClellan View the original review as part of the Fractured Soul blog tour and download the free bookmarks on my blog:

Behind a Million and One Pages

ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY LOVE THIS BOOK!

This is the most enchanting series I have ever come across. With the first two books laid out flawlessly, the wait for Fractured Truth is unbearable. Every part of Fractured Soul is remarkable and an indescribable journey for us and for Llona. I found only one fault in this book (to my personal opinion is a slight one), but more of that to come....

We continue off from where Fractured Light ended. Llona is at Lucent Academy with May and we are staring to get familiar with the series again. From reading Fractured Light a while ago, I easily got into this book and back on track with the whats-what and whos-who.

Even though we know those like Llona, May and Christian, we see changes and developments in them as well as meet a whole new set of characters as well that we fall in love with. We see our old favourites go through major struggles and hardships and it tears at our seams, along with showing why we fell in love with these characters in the first place.

It's hard to write this bit without spoilers but I'll give a shot. In this book, Llona has the biggest struggles. We see her go through every change and every phase, as well as her thoughts and actions get us further inside her mind that make us connected with her and what could be called, her 'other side'. It is this inner struggle, what we love Llona even more and want her to overcome this. Her adventurous streak shows clearly again and we love this heroine and her strength and courage to do what's right as well as her plight to uncover the truth.

The pace is good, it picks up when needed to. In the bits where the pace picks up, we find that it doesn't go up by much, but it is enough to get our hearts pumping and butterflies out when called for. It's great, because just after something major happens and the pace slows down, we don't feel like the book is getting really really slow and find it hard to read. It's done in such a way that, you want to keep on reading and reading, even in the bits between all the action! (Although there is a lot of action in this one)

What I really love about this novel, is that we can't seem to guess what is going to happen next. We don't even have time to think about what is going to happen! But sometimes, I found that I guessed something, straight after reading it and then the next sentence revealed what was right, or wrong. This made me get a bigger reaction because of just being able to guess what is going to happen, then to be revealed a moment later.

Ok, so I spoke about the small downfall earlier. I know, this might not make much sense, but when you read Fractured Soul, you will understand what I am talking about. Here goes..... I wish that there was more of a development at the end with Christian. The emotion for Llona, didn't really give it much justice for what happened, I wanted to be able to be completely moved and emotional from this event, but the development of it just wasn't enough and there should have been more. In short, it didn't give the situation justice.