Behind the Pages

www.behind-the-pages.com

Stitch (Stitch Trilogy, Book 1)

Stitch - Samantha Durante Check out the original review as part of the Stitch blog tour at:

Behind a Million and One Pages

4.5...

As we begin the prologue we are bombarded with endless questions, leaving us hanging and desperate to find out more and really begin the novel. Questions like, is it her? Where is she? and has this happened yet? leaves us on the edge of our seat as we enter the book hungrily searching for answers.

When we start the novel we find ourselves at the university. Things aren't quite as we were expecting, it starts out slow like just your average YA novel about a girl going to university, which is the only reason it is brought down to a rating of 4.5. We wonder when it will start to get interesting (well we were promised with a whole mix of popular genres) until BOOM! the paranormal romance appears. Ahh intriguing a ghost, ahem sexy ghost.

As she goes through university with her best friend, we wonder what the university holds. We see cameras everywhere, yet are they really there for the students protection? especially seeing as there are more than what there should be. Try thinking maybe prison security? We experience Alessa's dedication to find out who the ghost is, as well as why he is haunting her. Also, the regular university experiences come into play as well, the gorgeous boy that everyone fans over, but likes the protagonist. In some situations like this, we wonder why Alessa is so connected to the ghost and why she feels so strongly about him and what happens in her life can be effected by the mere thought of him.

Hmmm, seems like your normal, seemingly average university cross paranormal romance story... until the dystopian sci-fi comes in. Everything from there changes, the pace quickens, the plot thickens and we get pulled deeper into the book by this mere thread (hahaha word 'thread' sits well with the novel, read and you'll understand). As the dystopian kicks in and we realise as we come to our senses, we are left shocked, just like Alessa as she finds out. There are no words to describe the feeling that takes place, you do not expect it at all (applause to Samantha, I am gobsmacked). As everything starts to sink in and Alessa 'learns' the truth, we too get acquainted with the past and what has happened along with her.We become part of Alessa by this happening, as we realise exactly what happened and what is going to happen to be able to fix everything.

We feverishly go through the end of the novel, and we realise that the story has only just begun as we finish the story and crave for more. (Especially from the teaser from the second novel, Shudder, in the back of this one). I haven't seen a cliffhanger like this one in a while, one that leaves you desperate. Although, on another note. I believe that if you got rid of the second paragraph to the blurb it will be a lot more intriguing and won't spoil the rush the dystopian side of the novel gives you.