Behind the Pages

www.behind-the-pages.com

Mockingjay (Hunger Games Trilogy)

Mockingjay  - Suzanne  Collins A very different ending than expected. Yet, this leaves us thinking and questioning the three novels, and this one in particular. We see a completely different side to Katniss in this novel compared to it's predecessors. We see her change as well from each novel, as well as how everything that happens starts breaking at her little by little. She starts to become someone who we have not seen before, and someone who we grow with, while still being able to see her old side. Herself.

Not to sure on anything else in this novel. We see the ends of the Revolution, as well as what could happen and the struggles that occur in everyone's life, especially Katniss'. As we develop with Katniss, we don't show too much emotion through the book. From the previous experiences throughout the other novels, we become accustomed to death in Panem and in this world in general. We start to question everything that District 13 do, and what they want to accomplish, as well as their other motives, their hidden motives that we have not seen, and do not see until the very end. In the end, we don't expect what is going to happen, as well as what we expect.

I honestly don't know what else to say about this novel. I can't put it into words. It's not as good as the first book (but honestly, is there ever such a thing) but it still lives up to the reputation that the first book sets without making the whole series a disspointment.