Behind the Pages

www.behind-the-pages.com

Fire

Fire  - Kristin Cashore I felt like through the novel we're just "putting along". There isn't much going on other than the usual dramas that happens to Fire. This could be intentional so that we know how tiresome it is for her everyday surounded by guards and ahving everyone jealous and "in love" with her.

Prediction: She and Brigan end up falling in love (written when we first meet Brigan) --> result? TRUE!

Hints from Graceling is brought up through the way that their world is parts of our world (use of drugs etc) as well as old world.

We start to know the characters and gain that connection to them, especially with Fire. When she finds out about Brigan's daughter we are as shocked as she is about the discovery.

Through the whole novel we look for a connection of Fire's land to the land of the Gracelings. We start to make the connections and start wondering when a Graceling will show up or if their world's will collide.

In the end of this novel, we wonder if we will hear and see of these characters again. We have nothing of the characters in Graceling in this novel, so we are open to wondering if we will see someone or something of this world again in the sequel, Bitterblue.

As we go along in the novel, we start to develop a deeper relationship with the characters, which makes us part of their world as well. We get caught up in what happens and we forget that we were just being pulled along at the start of the novel, ebcause we are now so caught up in the world and what is happening that we don't realise it.