Behind the Pages

www.behind-the-pages.com

Hourglass

Hourglass - Myra McEntire When I think back to reading this book (about a minute ago), straight away the thing that comes to mind when trying to describe it in the easiest possible way would have to be a cross between X-Men and the basic concept of The Time Traveler's Wife. However, this is done in such a way that makes it seem original in ideas yet still having that base concept.

Throughout the book, it did get a bit confusing at times towards the very end when the real action towards the story was taking place, but then it would get clearer as time went on (no pun intended). I was surprised at the end at who was behind it all, and I was shocked. Not much of the book was predictable (which I loved because too many books are too predictable). I was also grateful that the synopsis of this novel wasn't very revealing, leaving you astonished at the characters and everything in between.

At the very very end, it leaves the reader on a note where the author would allow for a second to be added to this one or could just be left as a single. This is great because to those people who didn't really like this book and don't want to read the second because of a cliffhanger that makes you have to read the second one (if that makes sense). But with this novel you don't have to because there is no real cliffhanger to be that noticeable.